The ECOSPRINT Synchro is the double-leaf, synchronous and side-opening fast action door. With spring force, both door leaves are simultaneously raised in seconds and rolled up in a compact upright profile – ideal for fast logistics processes, forklift traffic and air-conditioning locks.
The classic Butzbach high-speed door that rolls the door skins of both door halves to the side in a fraction of a second. The ECOSPRINT has an opening speed of up to 3 m/s. The entire passage height is immediately available. This principle is superior to conventional doors in all aspects: it offers greater flexibility for adapting to your requirements, protection against collision damage, maximum reliability and economic efficiency in the long term.
The ECOSPRINT can be ordered up to a size of 3500 mm x 3500 mm. The fast action door is also available in a wide range of colours. The Anti-crash protection prevents damage to the door and the horizontal opening & saves space. There is also less heat loss due to the fast-closing speed.
The Ecosprint benefit’s
- Separate individual areas from each other
- Save energy and space
- High closing speed reduces draughts and heat exchange
- Create a safe process for people and goods flow
- The full clearance height is immediately available
- Collision damage is minimised
- 1000,000 Opening cycles.
ECOSPRINT® Syncro – The classic Butzbach high-speed door that rolls the door skins of both door halves to the side in a fraction of a second. The entire passage height is immediately available.
ECOSPRINT® Mono – The space and time saving solution for unhindered and contactless pedestrian traffic. As a single-sided rolling high-speed door, the ECOSPRINT Mono was specially developed for narrow passages.
View the Ecosprint data sheet here Datasheet Ecosprint for more information or to submit an enquiry please contact us.
Did you know that Dortek are on NBS Source? Check out our page here.
What is NBS Source?
NBS Source is a cloud-based platform for construction product information.
Bringing together NBS BIM Library, NBS Plus and Product Selector, NBS Source is a brand new tool that creates a single source for product information.
How it works
- Find the products/manufacturers that are right for your project using NBS’ detailed search bar.
- Assess and select products using the information that the manufacturer has shared.
- Add products straight to your project specification and 3D models with NBS Chorus and Autodesk Revit integrations.
For buyers, it provides a means to gather accurate product details before making purchase decisions; for manufacturers, it allows them to present detailed data about their products in an easily accessible format. NBS Source features over 33,000 products from over 1,100 manufacturers, it’s the perfect hub to help you make decisions in one place.
All of the product data in NBS Source is free to use and adheres to NBS standards, with consistent properties and values, performance criteria and certification. Our new traffic light alert system will inform you how recently a manufacturer has checked and verified their products to confirm their accuracy, meaning you can specify with confidence.
NBS Source connects directly with NBS Chorus, our cloud-based specification platform, and design tools including Autodesk Revit. Meaning you can find and specify products at every stage of your project. Saving you time trawling through the web or print catalogues for the latest product information.
We’re constantly updating our page with new products, make sure you check back regularly for new content.
For more information please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Please feel free to share this article, it would be much appreciated.
We’d like to wish you all a great festive break and a Happy New Year. Thank you to our valued customers for their business, all our partners and our staff for their hard work this year. We look forward to working with you all in 2023!
Please see details below for our Dortek office closing times over the festive break:
UK office: closed 26th December – 2nd January.
Irish office: closed 21st December – 3rd January.
US office: closed 23rd December – 2nd January.
Singapore office: closed 25th December – 2nd January.
Swedish office: closed 26th December – 1st January.
Specifically designed for healthcare, pharmaceutical, cleanroom and food environments, Dortek windows are double or multiple glazed with an ultra-clean flush surface. Our hygienic windows are constructed with two outer panes of 6mm thick glass which is flush fitting to both sides of the frame. Frames are constructed from powder-coated or polished stainless steel or GRP, with no fixings or screws to maximise hygiene and cleanability.
Dortek hygienic windows are fire tested to BS & EN standards for up to 120 minutes of fire resistance (GRP framed option) and 60 minutes (Stainless Steel framed option). Our windows can be offered with integral blinds, smart glass, lead lining or laser protection. This makes them ideal for use in laboratories, pharmaceutical applications, and hospitals.
Key benefits of Dortek windows:
- Available in custom sizes
- Sealed flush finish on both sides of the wall
- Free from fixings or screws to maximise hygiene and cleanability
- Available in GRP or Stainless Steel frames
- Available with Integral blinds, smartglass and lead lining and laser protection.
NOVOSPRINT high-speed doors allow traffic to move rapidly and safely. The sideways opening action of the two leaves of the door halves the opening time, and in contrast to vertically opening systems the user immediately has the entire height of the passage available. This avoids the risk of a collision with the door or of it landing on people or goods.
The NOVOSPRINT high-speed door reaches an opening speed of up to 5 m/s which is ideal for fast logistic processes, forklift traffic and air locks.
The clean solution
Whether it is used in the pharmaceutical industry, food industry or healthcare sector – the range of features available means that the NOVOSPRINT is able to fulfil all specific regulations in terms of cleanliness, freedom of pores, food safety and many other hygiene requirements.
In compliance with regulations, all tangible parts are made of nonporous and corrosion-resistant material, such as stainless steel and plastics.
Due to the lateral opening of the door, the closing edge does not touch the floor. Therefore, there is no risk of dirt particles or moisture dropping onto the goods.
The contactless switch detects approach at an adjustable distance of 10 to 50 cm. This hygienic solution is the ideal alternative to manual devices.
- All major components are available in stainless steel.
- Easy cleaning due to flat surfaces.
- Easy disassembly of the casing makes cleaning and disinfecting easy.
- Horizontal opening prevents dirt from being carried away from the floor by the under rubber and can fall on the products when opened.
- The optional floor closure keeps pests away.
- Complete opening height is immediately accessible.
- Short opening and closing cycles (door opens twice as fast).
- Reduced risk of collisions.
- Minimized air exchange by reduced opening and closing periods.
- Low operating costs due to a minimum of wearing parts.
For more information, please visit www.dortek.com
Please feel free to share this blog if you’ve found it interesting.
Fire doors are one of the most critical elements of fire protection. They are used to provide compartmentation – in other words, containing fire and smoke for a period of time to allow people to be safely rescued and evacuated.
Fire doors are often the first line of defence in a fire and their correct specification, maintenance and management can be the difference between life and death for building occupants. Despite this, fire doors remain a significant area of neglect and are often the first thing to be downgraded in a specification or mismanaged throughout their service life.
A review undertaken by FDIS certificated fire door inspectors earlier this year revealed the extent of fire door failures being seen on site:
- Over 61% of fire doors inspected had problems with fire or smoke seals
- More than a third had incorrect signage
- 230 fire doors inspected had gaps bigger than 3mm between door and frame
- More than 20% had unsuitable hinges
- Almost 1 in 6 had damage to the door leaf.
(Source: FDIS 32)
The most common identified cause of death from a fire incident is being overcome by gas, smoke or toxic fumes. Suffering from the effects of gas or smoke also accounted for one-fifth of all non-fatal casualties in 2013-14. (Source: Gov.uk) This reinforces the importance of properly specified, installed and maintained fire doors with intumescent seals that keep smoke from leaking around the edges of a fire door.
Here’s our checklist to help you specify the correct fire doors and keep them in tip top condition:
- Always use a reputable and competent supplier – many people claim to make fire doors, but only a handful have a properly tested product which is proven to work in a fire.
- Ask whether the product has been fire tested and demand to see the documentation that proves it (e.g. fire certificate or label).
- Make sure test evidence is from a UKAS-accredited test centre
- Specifying fire doors with intumescent seals is crucial to prevent smoke inhalation in the event of a fire.
- It’s not just the door itself that matters. The frame and ironmongery is just as important – they all work together. Only buy exact compatible hardware and components from the same reputable supplier, also making sure that the ironmongery also meets the relevant fire test standard as well
- Correct installation is as important as buying the correct product – fire doors are a carefully engineered fire safety device which must be fitted correctly so make sure you use experienced installers from a reputable company.
- Ask for the fire door to be installed and then certified using a 3rd-party approved certification programme, such as BM Trada
- Fire doors should be checked and maintained regularly, to ensure that they still work and perform as intended
- Make sure you use an experienced door company to manage the servicing and maintenance of your fire doors, using a 3rd-party approved certification programme, such as BM Trada
- Only ever replace damaged components with like-for-like. A suitably trained individual should be responsible for this maintenance work.
For our full range of Fire doors and for additional information contact us or take a look at Fire Doors | Dortek
Dortek are proud to support Fire Door Safety Week, which runs from 31st October – 4th November this year.
Fire door safety week is designed to raise awareness and highlight the critical role that fire doors play in commercial and public buildings. The awareness week aims to promote the critical role of fire doors, drawing attention to specific issues such as poor installation and maintenance.
Dortek are market leading manufacturers of high performance vermiculite-cored fire doors. Our doors are designed, tested and certified to meet the most stringent fire certifications. We can achieve a 5 hour fire rating and our door systems are tested to meet over 50 specifications compliant with worldwide regulations.
If you’d like more technical information about our fire doors, please contact your local office where a member of our team will be happy to assist.
Remember to follow our LinkedIn and twitter pages for further content throughout the week. For updates on the campaign and the many events scheduled throughout the week, follow Fire Door Safety Week on Twitter or search for tweets with #FireDoorSafetyWeek. To find out more about Fire Door Safety Week visit here – https://www.firedoorsafetyweek.co.uk/about/
Innovative and space saving
SPACELITE stacking doors are space-saving and low wear. When the doors are opened, the individual translucent door elements line up vertically and compactly one behind the other. A wide range of equipment options make SPACELITE stacking doors a flexible industrial door that is also suitable for large-format doors.
Due to the wall mounting without ceiling suspension, the door is suitable for almost all installation situations – in new buildings and renovations.
For conventional industrial doors of the same size (5.5 x 3.5m), the entire door area is required as additional open space in the ceiling area. With the SPACELITE stacking door, this additional free space is reduced to approx. 17.7% of the comparable area.
In addition to properties such as stability, durability, thermal insulation and resilience, fiberglass also offers light transmission.
The direct drive of the Butzbach door works without wearing parts such as tension or torsion springs. Due to the door sealing and the high light transmission, heating and energy costs can be saved.
The wall mounting of the lifting gates also allows installation on the ceiling of crane runways, extraction systems, lighting, lifting platforms and other installations.
The guide rails are closed on three sides and can thus avoid crushing and injury risks. Thanks to their high corrosion resistance, the doors can also be used in environments with extreme conditions.
Spacelite door benefits:
- low dead weight
- heat-insulating, flexible and stable thanks to fiberglass
- Corrosion resistant
- High light transmission due to fiberglass door filling (up to 78%)
- Dimensions up to 15 m wide and 24 m height possible
- Outdoor installation possible
- Door leaves with thermally insulated fiberglass web double panels with 40 mm installation thickness
- Thermal insulation up to Up = 1.4 W/m²K
- Optional panoramic door leaves made of acrylic or real glass
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to share this blog, it would be much appreciated.
Lateral Thinking for Superior Speed and Safety
Novosprint high speed doors are ideal for all industrial, supermarket and pharmaceutical environments. With its lateral opening technology, its opening speed of up to 5 m/s and its closing speed of up to 2.5 m/s, the NOVOSPRINT door is the most reliable solution for speed and safety in the workplace.
Instead of the traditional vertical opening, the Novosprint door opens horizontally for twice the speed and significantly improved safety. The two halves of the door open sideways in less than a second. This makes the entire height of the door immediately accessible and drastically cuts the risk of collisions or accidents.
An opening speed of up to 5 m/s and closing speed up to 2.5 m/s enables faster and safer transport of goods. This trouble-free flow of traffic and goods avoids collisions, long interruptions and costly door repairs. The transparent vision panels at eye-level also maintain visibility between one area and the next, even when the door is closed.
Low purchase price, low operation costs and low maintenance costs. Short opening and closing cycles reduce draught and heat exchange, thus reducing energy costs and the possibility of illness.
Better Hygiene & Contamination Control
The Novosprint principle of side opening ensures that no dirt spreads from the ground onto workers or any goods being transported. That’s because unlike vertical doors, the door does not come into contact with the floor and pick up dust or dirt which is then left to drip or fall onto passing objects below. The Novosprint hygiene door is an alternative solution which has been developed to meet the requirements of the food and pharmaceutical industries. In compliance with regulations, all tangible parts of the door are made of non porous and corrosion resistant material, such as Stainless Steel and plastics.
Have a look at our industrial doors page or contact us for more information.
Please feel free to share this blog, it would be much appreciated.
Did you know Dortek has 5 offices and 15 partners located worldwide and has supplied our doors to over 80 nations? Our US office has continuously grown and we’re proud to have worked on countless projects with some of the world’s biggest companies. Below are just a couple.
Pfizer, Sanford – Biopharmaceutical Company
Doors installed – 54 +
Dortek supplied 55 frp doors across the laboratory areas, testing rooms, corridors and exit escapes of Pfizer’s Sanford site as part of an expansion. Dortek’s products were chosen for their longevity and ultra-clean, non-porous finish. Our team offered full support to Pfizer at every stage of the process, from site surveys to installation and servicing.
Dana Farber, Boston – Cancer Institute
Doors installed: 4+
Dortek installed 4 hermetically sealing sliding doors to the facility’s Bio Decontamination area. These doors are ideal for areas that are using vaporised cleaning agents as part of their protocol. Stakeholders were able to work together in order to meet the deadline of the project, which had a short schedule. No matter the size of the project, that being installation of 4 doors or 100 we will always approach each project with a certain level of professionalism and attention to detail.
Genzyme, Massachusetts – World-Leading Biotech Company
Dortek has a long history of providing door solutions to Sanofi facilities around the world and was trusted to provide hygienic door solutions for their new facility in Framingham. Dortek manufactures a range of high-performance FRP doors and panels for use in cleanroom environments. The firm worked with project architects to develop the specification for a biotech cleanroom facility, which uses Dortek’s seamless, void-free products.
If you’d like more information on our previously completed projects or advice on an upcoming project, please contact our US team on +1 267 788 9365 or email us at email@example.com