Biocontainment laboratories must meet rigorous standards in regard to engineering primary and secondary containment systems.
CL-2, CL-3 and BSL-3 facilities each have specific requirements relating to separation of facilities, decontamination, structural durability, biosecurity, procedures and administrative controls.
Dortek offers turnkey access solutions for research and containment laboratories. Our doors, windows and hatches are designed to meet the biological containment needs of research facilities. Our solutions are designed to improve performance, quality and personnel safety as well as ensuring compliance to ever increasing regulatory demands. Dortek has been manufacturing bio-containment doors for more than five decades and has delivered solutions to leading research laboratories worldwide.
What we offer:
- Sealed hygienic GRP doors, providing durability and ease of cleaning
- Inorganic construction to prevent bacterial growth or harbouring vermin
- Resistant to water, chemicals and fumigation agents
- Single source solution; seamless integration of all systems and components
- More than 50 years of biosafety manufacturing experience
Who we work with:
- Health Science Authority, Singapore
- Singapore General Hospital Academia
- National Center For Infectious Diseases, Singapore
- Life Science Institute, National University of Singapore
- St. John’s Island Marine Science Institute, National University of Singapore
- South Australia Health and Medical Institute
- Francis Crick Institute, UK
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute, USA
- MSD Vaccines, Ireland
- Life Sciences Park, Malta
- Genzyme, France
For more information or to request a copy of our Bioscience brochure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Traditional building materials have their place. But for hygienic hospital environments, Dortek FRP is the only smart choice. Dortek hygienic FRP doors have an ultra clean construction which prevents bacteria from harbouring and makes them easy to keep clean.
They also have the strength of steel or wood doors but at a fraction of the weight. Dortek FRP doors helps solve numerous design challenges for designers and architects. They are a low maintenance solution which helps reduce both costs and improve performance long term.
The table below looks at why Dortek FRP is best for hygienic hospital environments –
Dortek have recently supplied our ultra hygienic door systems to Silesia in Singapore. The company are a leading supplier and manufacturer of innovative flavours for sweets, pastries, culinary products and beverages. In order to capitalise on opportunities for growth in the Southeast Asian market, the company have built their new 4 storey regional headquarters in Singapore. The facility will house R&D laboratories and new liquid and powder production areas for sweet and savoury flavours.
Dortek supplied 40 single action GRP doors, 16 of those with a 2 hour fire rating. Our GRP doors are completely seamless and free from cracks or joints making them the most hygienic solution for food facilities. The moulded seamless construction of a Dortek door makes it easy to clean, non absorbent and able to withstand the intensive cleaning regimes used in food and beverage production.
Features and benefits of Dortek GRP doors:
- High hygiene properties – Inorganic, smooth and seamless construction.
- Reduces contamination – Easy to clean, free from cracks or voids which harbour bacteria.
- Corrosion resistant – Does not rot, rust, warp, swell, or corrode.
- Safe, efficient operation – Durable, lightweight and easy to operate.
- Prevents down-time – Low maintenance, long product life cycle.
- Reduces cost of ownership – Wear and maintenance are limited to a minimum.
Silesia is a family-owned international company with more than 600 employees worldwide. The company carries out research and development and produces flavours for all areas of application within the food and beverages industry. The product range encompasses everything from powder and granulated through to liquid flavours.
International presence is a vision that the company has been driving forward continuously since 1996. With production facilities in America, Europe and Asia and branches in the most important markets in the world, Silesia is a specialist who offers a comprehensive network for the care and supply of their customers worldwide.