Dortek business response to Coronavirus – updated 31/03/20
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers and our employees has always been our top priority and Dortek is taking the Coronavirus outbreak extremely seriously. We are actively communicating with clients, employees and suppliers to ensure we limit the infection and spread of the virus during this outbreak.
Dortek has a number of global clients who are currently working on projects which form part of the essential supply chain in the fight against COVID-19, including the supply of our products to key pharmaceutical research and vaccine manufacturing facilities and hospital isolation wards.
Following current government guidance, we will be endeavouring to continue reduced-capacity production for the foreseeable future, but only for the types of projects identified above. If you have a project which you believe falls into these categories, please contact us as soon as you can.
Colleagues, suppliers and customers
We continue to advise our staff on the key symptoms to look out for and we are sharing current government guidance on preventative measures to minimise the risk of infection. We have implemented a number of precautionary measures across our business:
– The majority of Dortek staff are working remotely from home, reporting regularly to their line managers.
– The remaining staff are being asked to work either at split times during the day or split days during the week in order to achieve responsible social distancing as per current Government advice. As a result, it may take slightly longer to respond to emails or calls.
– All non-essential meetings have been cancelled, with all other meetings taking place via tele/video conferencing. We are asking our supply chain partners to support us in this respect.
– Essential site attendance by our project and installation teams will continue, as is both required and practical, taking in to account current Government guidance on both social distancing and essential travel. It is important that our supply chain partners support us in this latter point, particularly on site.
– We no longer accept any visitors to Dortek sites or offices.
– We are working closely with supply our chain to ensure an uninterrupted supply of products and materials to our operational projects.
It is important to state that Dortek is continuing to operate as usual, in compliance with current Government health guidance. We are constantly monitoring Government updates, reacting accordingly across our business. Our estimating team continues to price for new projects but, with the majority of staff working remotely, we may take a little longer than usual to return completed tenders – please bear with us.
If Dortek is impacted more directly, further measures will be taken and an update posted on our website.
General Manager UK Operations