Whilst you’re working from home, book a live CPD webinar for your practice anywhere in the world.
CPD Lunch & Learn Sessions
As part of our specification support, we provide CPD Lunch & Learn seminars to architectural practices and design firms. Our specification team can visit you or deliver CPD training through a webinar. In addition to this, we also have a mobile exhibition unit which offers product demonstrations worldwide. We are an AIA CES Registered Provider.
Architects Online Learning
- Dortek can give you a free CPD at your home desk by way of remote delivery. All you need is an email address to have the link sent to and click at the appropriate time to view the seminar with no additional software needed apart from your usual browser.
- Please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll get straight back to you with details.
Key Design and Performance Considerations When Specifying Doors in Healthcare Environments
- FRP as a material and why it is ideal for use in high hygiene environments
- Key legislation and guidance around fire, infection control, cleanability, air control, privacy and acoustics
- Healthcare associated infections and how design plays a crucial role in hospital hygiene and functionality
- The advantages of specifying the correct doors in high risk hospital areas such as operating theatres
- How to identify applications suitable for either sliding or hinged doors
- The differences between different door materials including glass
- Hermetically sealing doors, function and use
- Doors suitable for hybrid theatres
- Environmental impact and recycling of hygienic FRP doors
- BIM and object availability
- Examples of installation.
Design and Performance Considerations when Specifying Hygienic Doors in Cleanroom and Containment Facilities
- The risk types and levels to consider when designing bioscience facilities
- The function of doors in biocontainment
- Why FRP is a good material for bioscience facility doors, what it is and how FRP doors are made
- How to comply with standards for cleaning, hygiene, acoustics and fire
- Issues around hinged or sliding doors and hermetically sealing doors
- The comparisons between FRP and other door materials, including glass
- The environmental impact and recycling of FRP doors
- Why and where to use BIM and BIM object availability