Top 10 reasons to specify Dortek GRP in the Operating Theatre
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Left picture: Damaged wooden operating theatre door with an exposed core from knocks and chips. Right picture: Long life GRP operating theatre door with a strong and seamless construction.
Traditional building materials like timber have their place but for hygienic areas like operating theatres, Dortek GRP doors are the only smart choice. GRP helps solve numerous design challenges whilst improving maintenance costs and hygienic performance in the long term.
Here are the top ten reasons to specify Dortek GRP for Operating Theatres:
- Maximum Hygiene – Fully encapsulated construction with a smooth surface which is free from the natural seams, voids and crevices found in timber doors. This prevents our doors from harbouring mould or bacteria.
- Easy to Clean – The non-porous, seamless, hygienic surfaces of Dortek GRP doors make them extremely easy to clean.
- Lifelong Colour – Colours used within our doors go through a process of pigmentation, meaning that there is no fade or discolouration regardless of where the product is used. This means that no spray painting or colour topping up is necessary.
- Strong & Durable – GRP doors are built to last, even in harsh or high traffic areas; our doors will not dent, warp, swell, rot or rust.
- Corrosion Resistant – Dortek doors have excellent resistance to most disinfectants, solvents and other strong chemicals which are frequently used in hospitals.
- Low Maintenance – Dortek doors are exceptionally lightweight and impact resistant with long lasting built in colour.
- Economical – lower operation and maintenance costs gives GRP the lowest life cycle costs over alternatives like timber.
- Customisable – Custom made to meet your needs exactly. Dortek GRP is capable of resisting fire, water, laser, x-ray or a combination of requirements.
- Fire Resistant – Over 50 independent tested specifications compliant with worldwide regulations for comprehensive fire protection.
- BIM Ready – All our operating theatre doors are available in high quality BIM ready files for seamless integration.