An Tánaiste leads trade and investment mission to Singapore and Japan with 60 client companies including Dortek.
An Tánaiste, Frances Fitzgerald T.D., Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, commenced a five-day joint Enterprise Ireland / IDA Ireland trade mission to Singapore and Japan this week.
The objectives of the trade mission included; supporting participating Irish companies to further their relationships with new and existing customers in Singapore and Japan, deepening relationships with existing IDA clients to secure further investments for Ireland, positioning Ireland as a post-Brexit solution for Asian companies, and promoting the potential of EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement, particularly from a ‘new opportunities for Irish companies’ perspective.
During her visit, the minister visited a number of client companies participating in the trade mission, including Dortek who have had a strong presence in the SE Asia market since 2006. Dortek have continued to grow by securing an expanding customer base in the region, recently completed projects have included Fortune Pharmaceuticals in Hong Kong, Kellogg’s in Malaysia, National Kidney Foundation In Singapore and RMIT in Australia.
.Pictured from Left to Right:
- Marion Mannion, Special Advisor, Dept of Business, Enterprise and Innovation
- Julie Sinnamon, CEO, Enterprise Ireland
- Tánaiste and Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, Mrs Frances Fitzgerald T.D.
- Mike Glanville, Commercial Director, Dortek Hygienic Doors
- Eileen Sharpe, Divisional Manager, IDA Ireland.