Hygienic FRP Doors for Infant Formula Facilities
Baby formula or infant formula is primarily used as a substitute for human milk. Other uses include ‘follow up’ products as a dietary supplement for older infants, and special formulations for specific nutritional needs or to overcome allergies e.g. Soya based milks for lactose intolerant infants.
The milk powder process involves the gentle removal of water at the lowest possible cost under stringent hygiene conditions while retaining all the desirable natural properties of the milk – colour, flavour, solubility, nutritional value. Whole (full cream) milk contains, typically, about 87% water and skim milk contains about 91% water. During milk powder manufacture, this water is removed by boiling the milk under reduced pressure at low temperature in a process known as evaporation. The resulting concentrated milk is then sprayed in a fine mist into hot air to remove further moisture and so give a powder.
To fulfil today’s increasing demand for baby formula to meet physical, chemical and bacteriological requirements, there is an increasing focus on the design of manufacturing facilities to meet the strictest hygiene standards.
Codex, which is jointly run by the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and the World Health Organisation (WHO), sets international food safety and quality standards. In their code of hygienic practice for milk products they state that production facilities should be designed and constructed to ensure minimum contamination and to allow easy cleaning, maintenance and disinfection.
Every component of a Dortek door has been designed to meet the strict focus on hygiene in infant formula facilities. We are the trusted hygienic door for the top 5 infant formula companies worldwide with a client list which includes Abbott Nutrition, Mead Johnson, Fonterra, Glanbia, Kerry, Danone, Nestle and Wyeth.
Here are the reasons why Dortek FRP doors are the ultimate hygienic solution for infant formula facilities;
- Maximum Hygiene – Smooth and seamless finish which is easy to clean with no ledges or voids to harbour bacteria.
- Moulded-In Gel Coat – Every Dortek door has a corrosion resistant finish called a gel coat which is moulded in at the initial step of fabrication. This leaves it completely sealed and protected.
- Fiber Reinforced Polyester Composite – Our doors will not rust or corrode unlike steel alternatives.
- Extreme Strength & Durability – Will not dent, warp, swell, rot or rust. FRP is commonly used in high performance aircraft and boats.
- Lightweight – 40% lighter than steel doors which require replacement or repairs due to wear on hinges and closers.
- Maintenance Free – Permanent built in colour which will never require repainting.
- Heat Resistant – Ability to withstand areas with high humidity or extreme temperatures.
- Chemical & Water Resistant – Ideally suited to highly corrosive environments including frequent exposure to water and cleaning agents.
- Fire Resistant – Our hygienic fire rated doors meet over 50 independent tested specifications compliant with worldwide regulations.